Service unit volunteers are adults who hold a service unit role
and support troop leaders and families in their respective
Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) gives service unit volunteers access to
Girl Scout program which they can use to provide program activities
and events for the girls and troops in their service unit. VTK access
helps service units support troop leaders as they navigate the VTK.
Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) Access
- Service unit volunteers who are currently registered with a
cleared background check and assigned the following roles in our
online registration system have access to the VTK:
- Leader Support Manager (LSM)
- Membership Support
- Program Support Manager (PSM)
- If you are one of these roles and don't have access,
contact our Member Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us
Monday - Friday 9AM–5PM at 800-447-4475, ext. 0.
With the VTK you can:
- Use the Explore tab to access badge, Journey, and award
requirements for all program levels.
- Access the Year,
Meeting, and Resources tabs just like a troop leader.
- Navigate between roles (SU, Troop Leader, Juliette/IRM).
Resources for Service Unit Volunteers:
- VTK User Guide: Service Unit Volunteers | PDF
- VTK FAQs | PDF
- VTK What's New 2021 | PDF
Did you know? Some badges, Journeys, and awards are only
available in the Volunteer Toolkit! Check out these resources to learn
how to access badge, Journey, and award requirements.
- VTK Tip Sheet: Choosing and Customizing Your Year Plan | PDF
- VTK Tip Sheet: 2021 New Badges and
Journeys | PDF