In April and May do the following in preparation to submit your Troop
Finance Report by May 31, 2021.
1. Learn About The VTK Finance Tab.
The VTK Finance Tab
will be active from March to June 30th and is the process for troops
to complete and submit their Annual Troop Finance Report to GSNorCal.
Learn more with these resources:
- VTK Finance Tab FAQs | PDF
- VTK Finance Report Tracking Sheet |
Excel | Google
- VTK FInance Tab Instructions | PDF
- VTK FInance Tab: Completing Your
Annual Troop Finance Report | Video
2. Verify Your VTK Access.
It is important for troop leaders to verify they have the proper
access to manage the Volunteer Toolkit Finance Tab. To verify access,
follow these steps.
- Go to www.gsnorcal.org and click on MyGS
- Log in using your username and password
- Once logged in,
select My Account in the top right corner
Volunteer Toolkit from the left side menu
- Within the
Volunteer Toolkit verify that you can see the activated
- Troop leaders and troop treasurers
with proper permission will be able to edit the financial fields in
the Finances tab and will see the Submit button
If you are a troop leader or troop treasurer and are having trouble
logging in or are not seeing the editable financial fields in the
Finance tab, please contact our member services team right away via
email at email@example.com or
call 800-447-4475, ext. 0. Our hours are Monday–Friday 9AM–5PM.
3. Gather Financial Documentation and Reconcile Troop Financials.
- Troop treasurer’s troop leaders, and other bank account
signers should work together to gather all troop income and expense
documentation which means gathering all receipts, reconciling your
check register, and totaling income and expense categories.
- We recommend that troops use the Troop Finance Report Worksheet to assist you in
calculating your troop income and expenses which will make it easy
for you to enter your troop financials into the VTK Finance tab
4. Download a Copy of Your April 2021 Bank Statement.
Save a copy of your April Bank Statement to your local computer
or device for easy uploading as an attachment with your VTK Finance
5. Enter Your End of Year Financial Totals in the VTK Finance Tab
NOTE: You will only be able to submit your troop financial
information in the VTK Finance Tab once for each membership
year! It is important that you have all your income and expense
totals ready to enter and that your ending balance matches your April
Bank statement BEFORE you enter your final financials and
submit your report to GSNorCal.
- Troop leaders, troop treasurers, and other bank account
signers will need to work together to reconcile their end of year
income and expenses and to agree on the end of year financial totals
that will be submitted to GSNorCal.
- When you are ready, the
troop leader will login to the VTK FInance Tab, complete all the
required fields and upload a copy of the April Bank Statement before
the due date of May 31, 2021
submitted, you can download or print a copy of your report for your
records using the Download or Print icons at the top of the page. A
copy is also saved within the Finance Tab, and can be viewed at any
- Once submitted, troop parents will have “View Only”
access to view the troop’s financial information through the VTK
Finance tab. You can also choose to email troop parents the
downloaded copy or give them a printed copy when sharing year end
- Make sure to share the troop finances with girls
and involve girls in regular discussions on their troop finances and
when planning money earning and money spending activities.