In April and May do the following in preparation to submit your Troop Finance Report by May 31, 2020 (normally May 15).
1. Learn About The VTK Finance Tab.
The VTK Finance Tab will be activated for the first time on April 28, 2020 and will be the new and ongoing process for troops to complete and Submit their Annual Troop Finance Report to GSNorCal.
Learn more with these resources:
- VTK Finance Tab Notice of Activation | PDF
- VTK Finance Tab FAQs | PDF
- VTK Finance Report Tracking Sheet | Excel
- VTK FInance Tab Instructions | PDF
- VTK FInance Tab: Completing Your Annual Troop Finance Report | Video (COMING SOON!)
2. Verify Your VTK Access.
It is important for troop leaders to verify they have the proper access to manage the Volunteer Toolkit Finance Tab. To verify access, follow these steps.
- Go to www.gsnorcal.org and click on MyGS
- Log in using your username and password
- Once logged in, select Volunteer Toolkit
- Within the Volunteer Toolkit verify that you can see the activated Finance tab
- Troop leader's with proper permission will be able to edit the financial fields in the Finance Tab and will see the Submit button.
If you are a Troop Leader and are having trouble logging in or are not seeing the editable financial fields in the Finance Tab, please contact our member services team right away via email at email@example.com or call 800-447-4475, ext. 0. Our hours are Monday–Friday 9AM–5PM.
3. Gather Financial Documentation and Reconcile Troop Financials.
- Troop treasurer’s troop leaders, and other bank account signers should work together to gather all troop income and expense documentation which means gathering all receipts, reconciling your check register, and totaling income and expense categories.
- We recommend that troops use the Troop Finance Report Worksheet to assist you in calculating your troop income and expenses which will make it easy for you to enter your troop financials into the VTK Finance tab for submission.
4. Download a Copy of Your April 2020 Bank Statement.
Save a copy of your April Bank Statement to your local computer or device for easy uploading as an attachment with your VTK Finance tab submission.
5. Enter Your End of Year Financial Totals in the VTK Finance Tab
NOTE: You will only be able to submit your troop financial information in the VTK Finance Tab once for each membership year! It is important that you have all your income and expense totals ready to enter and that your ending balance matches your April Bank statement BEFORE you enter your final financials and submit your report to GSNorCal.
- Troop leaders, troop treasurers, and other bank account signers will need to work together to reconcile their end of year income and expenses and to agree on the end of year financial totals that will be submitted to GSNorCal.
- When you are ready, the troop leader will login to the VTK FInance Tab, complete all the required fields and upload a copy of the April Bank Statement before the due date of May 31, 2020.
- Once submitted, you can download or print a copy of your report for your records using the Download or Print icons at the top of the page. A copy is also saved within the Finance Tab, and can be viewed at any time.
- Once submitted, troop parents will have “View Only” access to view the troop’s financial information through the VTK Finance tab. You can also choose to email troop parents the downloaded copy or give them a printed copy when sharing year end financials.
- Make sure to share the troop finances with girls and involve girls in regular discussions on their troop finances and when planning money earning and money spending activities.