Troops make friends, build new skills, earn badges and awards, and have fun!
What Troops Do
To have a well-rounded Girl Scout experience, we encourage all troops to:
- Participate in at least 1 Girl Scout tradition at every meeting (like wearing uniforms or doing a flag ceremony),
- Earn 3–5 badges and awards
from a variety of skill building areas,
- Attend about 1–3 special events or field trips,
- Participate in the Fall Product Program and Girl Scout Cookie Program,
- Complete at least one community service project,
- Hold an end-of-year celebration or bridging event, and
- Experience at least one outdoor activity (like Girl Scout Camp)!
Volunteer Learning Portal »
Your one-stop-shop for all online volunteer training.
MyGS & Volunteer Toolkit »
Access your MyGS Member Community and GSUSA's Volunteer Toolkit.
Forms & Documents »
Find GSNorCal forms and documents, like Troop Finance Reports, Financial Aid forms, and more.
Leader's Guide to Success »
Everything you need to know about leading a Girl Scout troop, in one handy document.
Volunteer Essentials »
GSNorCal's official guidebook for volunteers, covering money management, Safety-Wise, group management, and more.
The Trailhead »
Subscribe to GSNorCal's volunteer support blog for weekly inspiration, ideas and updates.
GSNorCal Newsletters & Publications »
Check out our archive or recent emails and publications.
Girl Scouts of Northern California's News Blog »
Read inspirational stories and get the latest news from Girl Scouts of Northern California.
We're here for you!
Volunteer help and support is always a phone call or email away. Our customer care team is happy to answer your questions and assist you as you volunteer. Just call 800-447-4475 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.