Girl Scouts is working on a national system refresh and enhanced member account management system! In just a few weeks, myGS will become the new-and-improved myAccount, with even more options for managing your household and troop information! A few key benefits include:
- For girl members with primary caregivers in multiple households, the household manager can provide access for multiple adults to see the girl's account and make purchases on her behalf
- Troop leaders will be able to update troop information without council support
- Members can initiate their own troop-to-troop transfers, and transfers will occur automatically without council support
- Detailed troop logistics, including meeting time, date, and location, will be easily accessible within your account
- The Troop Catalog will have enhanced search features, including Affiliation (schools, community, or religious organizations), Focus (for troops with a specific program focus), and Language
- For volunteers, 90-, 60-, and 30-day background check reminders will now be triggered based on your background check's expiration date
- Overall improved user experience across all platforms
As we prepare to launch the new myAccount experience in early December, we want to make sure you're prepared for the downtime period, November 18 through early December.
While much of the downtime period is set to occur the week of Thanksgiving, a time when troops and volunteers often take a break to be with family and friends, we know that Girl Scouts and volunteers are always on the go and want to make sure that you are aware of the downtime's potential impact on your Girl Scout plans, and steps you can take before November 18 to prevent any surprises.
Starting November 18 at 8:59 PM PST, Girl Scouts will begin system-wide updates that will temporarily restrict member access to:
- Volunteer Toolkit (VTK)
- Looker (service unit admin team reporting resource)
- Background check completion and submission for processing
- New membership registrations and membership renewals
Please review our readiness checklist and ensure that you have what you need for any troop meetings or activities on your Girl Scout calendar during the downtime period!
Thank you for your patience while we work to enhance your Girl Scout member experience and please don't hesitate to reach out to us with questions!