You can easily add a new girl or adult member to your troop from the Girl Scout Member Community.
Note: As you go through these steps, please be sure to enter the new member’s information as accurately as possible. You should confirm their email and phone number before beginning. Always enter the full name (not nicknames) for new members, e.g. use “Elizabeth”, not “Liz” or “Lizzie”.
1. Scroll to the bottom of the “Membership” tab to the “Add a New Member” section.
2. Select either “Girl” or “Adult”, then click “Go”.
3. The next screen will vary depending on your selection. Fill out these fields as completely as possible.
- If you selected “Adult”, you will have the option to register that person as a volunteer or only as a member. If you select the member-only option, go straight to step 5.
4. The system will look to see if that new member already exists. If the girl or adult you are adding to your troop is already a member is, the following screens will pop-up. Assuming “Yes” is chosen, this new person will now be a member of both troops.
5. Next, you will be brought to the membership screen to enter the rest of the contact information necessary for Girl Scout Membership.
- Be sure to choose the correct membership year.
- Choose “Valid 10/1/2020–9/30/2021” if you are interested in participating in summer activities like camp. You will need to purchase 2018 membership in October.
- Choose “Valid 10/1/2020-9/30/2021” if you are interested in participating in the upcoming school year.
- It is very important that you enter accurate information for all fields on this page. Please follow up with the family to gather any information that you are missing.
6. Next, you will accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law for the new troop member.
7. Then you will arrive at the payment screen.
- There is an option to add a donation to the transaction.
- If adding an adult member, you will see an option to purchase a lifetime membership.
- Financial assistance can only be requested by families, so that will not appear as an option here. If any of your troop’s families wish to request financial assistance, please have them register on their own.
8. Review your work on the confirm page. Use the green “x” next members if you wish to remove them from the transaction. Confirm the renewal transaction for the troop by clicking the “Submit” button.
9. Once you see a “Thank You” page, you’re all done!