We are committed to ensuring all girls have the opportunity to
participate in Girl Scouts. We make funds available to support girl
members or girls seeking membership to Girl Scouts of Northern
California by providing supplemental resources beyond a family’s
ability to pay.
Financial aid is intended to be a supplement to troop-earned funds—troops are encouraged to facilitate girl-led financial planning for their activities. Financial aid funds are supported by the Opportunity Fund, Girl Scout Cookie Program, and Fall Product Program.
We offer financial aid
to cover the following expenses:
- Annual Membership Registration: Membership dues are $40/year for girls and $25/year for adults. Girls can apply for financial aid at the time of online registration while adults can apply with the Financial Aid Form (PDF).
- Uniform: Includes a voucher to our retail shops to purchase a Sash (or Tunic for grades K–1), Girl Scout Membership Pin, and Council ID patch set or Troop Numbers. Apply for uniform aid with the Financial Aid Form (PDF).
- Council Programs and Events: The cost of registration for any of our council-run programs and events in The Guide. Apply for Program and Event aid with the Financial Aid Form (PDF).
- Travel: Financial aid and travel scholarships are available for both Council-Oragnized Trips and GSUSA Destinations. Apply for travel aid with the Financial Aid Form (PDF).
- Summer Camp: We'll cover 1 session of any resident camp or up to 2 sessions of a volunteer-run day camp per year. Apply for summer camp aid with the Camp Financial Aid Form (PDF).
We're here to help! Email us at email@example.com or call 800-447-4475, ext. 2093 Monday–Friday, 9 AM–5 PM.
All deadlines are subject to change and financial aid allocations are subject to availability within Girl Scouts of Northern California's current operating budget.