Why Support Girl Scouts
We believe that when girls succeed, so does society. Whether they’re coding a website, planting a rain garden, or running a literacy program, Girl Scouts are unleashing their inner G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ to build a better world for all of us, every day.
When you contribute to Girl Scouts of Northern California—no matter the amount—you make an immediate difference in the lives of girls. Every dollar you give stays right here in our communities, bringing Girl Scouting to more than 40,000 girls.
The Annual Campaign provides essential support for all that we do to serve 40,000 girl members and nearly 30,000 adult members, to help every girl lead, gain skills, and thrive!
Opportunity Fund Campaign
Each year, GSNorCal serves over 12,000 girl members who live in low income communities. Gifts to the Opportunity Fund ensure that all girls who live in low income communities and/or communities recovering from local disasters have equitable access to the Essential Girl Scout Experience—sisterhood, supportive adults, and experiences that help each girl feel valued—through troops and at camp.
The Opportunity Fund supports:
- Troop experiences: Including girl and adult membership dues, adult background screening, and girl uniforms, badges, field trips, and troop camping—and in low income communities where volunteers are not available to lead troops, staff support for Girl Scout troops.
- Path to Camp: Path to Camp meets the girl where she is, and helps her get to camp, even when no one in her family has been to camp before. Support might include a family field trip to a camp open house, transportation, equipment, a medical check-up, and financial aid for camp.
- Financial aid for individual girls: for membership dues, uniforms, programs, camp, and travel via GSUSA Destinations and council-organized travel—available for girls who live in low-income communities and who, otherwise qualify for financial aid based on family income.
Your gift of:
- $50 could purchase a starter kit for one girl (vest, handbook, and insignia);
- $650 could send a girl to a four-night camp for the first time—with an introductory field trip for her family, a loaner sleeping bag, her own day pack and flashlight, and two new outdoor badges that she earns at camp;
- $2,000 could support a full year of Girl Scouts for a new troop with 12 girls and 2 adults, including uniforms, three badges, and three fun patches earned by each girl, a field trip, transportation to and from a community service project, and a camping trip!
Camp Investment Campaign
Camp is a place where all girls have the opportunity to unplug, learn new skills, discover their sense of self, and test new-found independence in a safe, girl-led environment. With your support, you are helping to create awesome camp experiences for girls like Joy, who said, “From the first moment I stepped into the camp I was in love. For the next seven years, all I did was count down the days when I would be going back to camp. Camp was everything to me.”
When you invest in camps, you ensure all of our properties are well taken care of year after year, and more girls like Joy can get outdoors in fun and challenging ways.
You can read about the exciting things Girl Scouts are doing in our latest INSPIRE Newsletter!
For more information regarding our current campaigns, please contact:
Development Director, Annual Giving
(510)562-8470, ext. 1510